Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation ($55 CAD)  is marketed as a ‘light coverage SPF 15’ foundation. Charlotte has two foundations in her range and the Light Wonder is meant to be the lighter coverage version.

I find this foundation to actually be a decent medium coverage. The shade is impeccable: it’s a warm yellow based medium shade that almost has  the SLIGHTEST tinge of grey to it, WAIT! Dont write this foundation off yet. I know grey sounds ashy but in this case it works! It adds an element of ‘realness’ to the foundation giving it the effect of natural looking skin.

The finish is demi-matte and lasts all day on me. This has quickly made it’s way to one of my all time favorite foundations and is beauty swatched approved.

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation

The bottle is a thick plastic with the cap being a weighted metal component. I like the transparent nature of the bottle so you can see how much foundation is left and would also be good for travel.

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

6 Medium is warm yellow based foundation that almost has a SLIGHT earthy or ‘grey’ tinge to it. It’s really hard to detect when swatched but when applied to the skin it adds such an incredible element of realness to it. I debated leaving this weird grey comment in on my review because it sounds bizarre and maybe i’ve completely lost my mind but its how I feel!

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation: 6 Medium

7 Comments

1. November 15, 2017 / 9:31 am

Would you allege this would be any serious for combo/fulsome skin? I’d allege if your skin isn’t extremely fulsome (and closer to combo) you could welfare from beginting a sample and trying it out because the grounding feels weak system of weights (compared to the Magic Foundation) so it wont begin great(p)/greasy.

2. October 17, 2017 / 12:36 pm

This looks really great for a day to day face product! Fab review xx

• October 17, 2017 / 9:42 pm

Thank you so much! It totally is – this helps me cheat a good skin day at work, every day! Haha

3. October 17, 2017 / 12:28 pm

I’ve never tried any Charlotte Tilbury, but this looks really nice!

• October 17, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Thank you! It is a wonderful foundation that I continuously reach for ever since I bought it! It’s perfect for looking done up but not overboard at work

4. October 17, 2017 / 12:03 pm

I think your description is spot-on about it having a grey tinge to it – I can see where you’re coming from. To be honest, I always wondered with yellow foundations, why some of them are SO yellow!

Would you say this would be any good for combo/oily skin? I have sampled the Magic foundation before and unfortunately, not a fan.

• October 17, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Thanks for your comment & validation! I always feel a bit crazy when I point out the bizarre impressions I sometimes get from make up lol. I’d say if your skin isn’t extremely oily (and closer to combo) you could benefit from getting a sample and trying it out because the foundation feels light weight (compared to the Magic Foundation) so it wont get heavy/greasy. Match the foundation with an oil controlling primer underneath if you err more on the side of oily skin and let me know how it goes!