Tarte Tarteist™ Clay Paint Liner

Tarte Tarteist™ Clay Paint Liner

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner ($29 CAD per full size liner) is like a creamy gel eyeliner in a tube packaging. The product comes in a squeezable tube with a spout at the top. I love this idea because it provides a canvas to coat your eyeliner brush evenly before application. In the swatch pictures below you’ll notice that the liners come out almost dry looking but then as you start to mix the product around and play with it, it quickly turns into a extremly spreadable, creamy texture and dries down slightly darker in about a minute. The colour is opaque which I LOVE, the maroon and black shades are matte and the blue and bronze shades are metallic. I love this product and it helps me play with creativity but still be comfortable. These are definitely beauty swtached approved and I recommend picking these up from the tarte website as they often go on sale.

img_6938

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze Navy

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze Navy

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze Black

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner Bronze Black

The Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

Left to Right: bronze, aubergine, navy and black. Note how it comes out of the tube almost ‘dry’ looking

Tarte Clay Paint Liner swatch

Left to Right: bronze, aubergine, navy and black when warmed up and spread out (slightly wet)

Tarte clay paint liner swatch

Left to Right: bronze, aubergine, navy and black completely dry

10 Comments

1. October 22, 2017 / 3:40 pm

I’ve been looking at getting the holiday set of these, and seeing the swatches makes me more inclined to get the set. I haven’t heard anyone talk about this product much so hearing what you had to say was very useful. Thanks for posting this!

• October 25, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I’m so glad you found this helpful! Thank you so much for letting me know ❤️

2. October 22, 2017 / 12:44 pm

Do you think this is easy to use? I’m pretty bad at wing liner and I like to try different liner products. Is this beginner friendly or more for the experienced user?

• October 25, 2017 / 5:58 pm

I find this easier to use than gel liner because the product moves around a lot easier and is less stiff than some gels. It’s also easy to wipe away (while it’s still damp) if you do make a mistake and given the top ‘scoop’ dispenser – thing, you can coat your brush evenly for an streak free application. However, if you really want to perfect the wing and not worry about what type of product you use, I would recommend the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner because the “sponge” tip is so thin and precise that it allows you to make a crisp straight line effortlessly. The less pressure you apply, the thinner the line 🙂

• Makeup by Erin
        October 25, 2017 / 7:59 pm

Thank you!! I might have to pick up both and try them out! I’m okay at wings, but it usually takes me 2-3 times per eye to get it right.

• October 25, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Me too! I do my (false) lashes first because it helps me figure out how high to go (i have a giant fold on my eye that pushes my wings down, so following my lashes helps). I hope the tarte & stila liners helps you get it down to 1 try per eye!

• Makeup by Erin
            October 25, 2017 / 9:55 pm

Me too! Thanks for the info! I’ll let you know if they work out!!

3. October 22, 2017 / 8:30 am

These look beautiful! 😊 How is the longevity on them? Would a wing last all night without smearing?

• October 22, 2017 / 10:03 am

Absolutely! I had a hard time getting these swatches off my hand. Once they set, they don’t go anywhere