Lately, the hottest talk of the foundation town is the Diorskin Forever Foundation ($64 CAD), thanks to the ever-entertaining Jaclyn Hill. Dior also came out with a concealer to match the foundation: Diorskin Forever Undercover Concealer ($42 CAD) so I wanted anxious to get this review out.
I received samples of both products because I wasn’t ready to commit to the $106 CAD price tag until I formed a a good impression of it. The samples program at Sephora is amazing! The foundation sample will easily last me at least 2 months. The concealer was a bit more challenging since it is a thicker consistency with a dome-foot applicator but my Sephora associate did a great job of scraping out a weeks worth of product for me.
Ok now for the reason why you visited this review (which I majorly THANK YOU for <3 ). Since I had so many thoughts, I put it in bullet form below so you’re not having to read this review for days:
- Price: $64 CAD
- Colour: Sand (light to medium, warm undertones). Perfect match for my NC35 complexion.
- Finish: Matte but not flat! I have normal to slightly dry skin and the ‘matte’ aspects of this foundation was not drying at all.
- Coverage: medium to full. I would start by applying a small amount and then build you way up as this foundation can look cakey if over applied.
- Lasting Power: SO GOOD. This is literally sweat proof (I was running around the streets of Toronto in 30 degree heat, sweating my eyebrows off but the foundation stayed put for the entire day. The only thing that started to wear off was the foundation on my nose after about 7 hours)
- Best Part: lasting power and the foundation shade
- Worst Part: The foundation seems to wear a bit unevenly throughout the day. It builds up in certain areas (my cheeks) and spreading thin in others (my nose). This is not very obvious and probably undetectable to most (I saw this by zooming into my face in direct sunlight) within 7 hours. After that, it becomes more apparent but still not obvious to how people would normally look at your face.
- Beauty Swatched Approved? Yes. If you havent found your holy grail foundation yet, give this one a try.
- Price: $42 CAD
- Colour: Linen (warm yellow undertone). Slightly too light for my preference.
- Coverage: medium
- Finish: matte but not flat!
- Lasting Power:
- Best part: does not exaggerate dry patches under your eyes and mixes well with other concealers
- Worst part: price!
- Beauty Swatched Approved? yes, but not a necessity.
For some reason, my first reaction to the concealer was quite cynical. I thought Dior would just repackage their foundation formula into their concealer and call it day. I’m happy and relieved to report that this is not true at all- the concealer consistency is thicker than the foundation (although still creamy but certainly a bit stiffer for the added coverage). The shade range is good for medium skin tones who prefer warm shades but I wish Dior would expand their range to include pinker undertones in the ligher shades and red based richer colours for the deeper skin tones. One thing irritating me about the concealer is that I cant find how much product it contains! It’s $22 cheaper than the foundation but feels like it contains a lot less product. Understanding that the ingredients are different, the price of this feels really steep for the amount of product.