2017 was a great year for makeup. Bold looks grew like wildfire from concealer, to baking and highlighting. Warm eyeshadows spread like fire and setting sprays became religion. Where trends like colour correcting and silicone sponges didn’t quite make as big of a mark, it did stick with few people. The Anastasia Subculture Palette (now on sale at Sephora! surprised?) and the $300 Kylie Jenner brush kits could have been casted on my beloved Real Housewives franchises for the drama. Fenty beauty made her mark in the world and set the stage for where foundation shade ranges should start to be. And last but not least, I started this blog in January and never looked back. While I am still growing and perfecting this, it has become an incredible outlet for me that keeps me centered and happy. I am excited to see what 2018 has in store for the makeup community.
I thought it would be fun to put my 2018 Makeup Resolutions out there to hold myself accountable to correct my bad habits. I’m dying to know, what are yours??
- Don’t over-do the concealer! It looks incredibly aging on me when I do
- Don’t bake my under-eyes. There are many ways to brighten up that area, which do not emphasize my dry skin
- Exfoliate my lips more often so that lip colours apply and appear more flattering
- Stop applying highlighter blindly. Use less and apply it lower on my cheekbones (instead of practically next to my under-eye area)
- Become more selective with the makeup I buy. The joy of buying makeup is starting to get lost on me. I need to stop being so rash by buying whatever I remotely like and really think my purchases through. Only buy those items that I’m really interested in / am dying to have and be less impulsive!