It’s that time of year again for the semi-annual Sephora VIB sale! This year VIB and VIB Rouge members get 15% off and Beauty Insiders receive 10% off. I think there is a 20% off sale towards the end of the year so keep that in mind to break up your wish list and even save the more expensive items for later. Here are my top recommendations for this years sale:
- Primer: Becca Backlight Filter Face Primer ($46 CAD) hydrating, provides a slight glow underneath your foundation and just feels really fresh to apply.
- Foundation: Givenchy Tient Couture Foundation ($59 CAD) is an amazing foundation that does not get talked about a lot. Although limited in its colour selection, this foundation looks absolutely flawless on the skin and was worth every penny I paid (full price) for! It has medium coverage, semi-matte finish that lasts about 8 hours on my skin. The colour of the foundation brightens up my complexion and always leaves me looking refreshed. I have shade ‘Elegant Beige 4’ that works for my NC35 complexion.
- Concealer: Guerlain Multi-Perfecting Concealer ($42 CAD) – I did a blog post on this, in short: full coverage, extremely hydrating and lasts ALL day. Believe it or not, I lobe this even better than Tarte Shape Tape
- Powder: Givenchy Prism Libre Loose Powder ($63 CAD). This contains four separated quadrants with different colours that when mixed provide the skin with a silky, demi-matte beautiful finish. Taffetas Beige contains a BEAUTIFUL yellow shade (that I ran out of because I’ve used it up to set my under eye area- it leaves a natural, bright and gorgeous finish), and then three shades from light to medium beige (that I swirl together to set my face). Mousseline Pastel contains four pastel shades (a slight off white, green, blue and lavender) to colour correct and brighten. I know what you’re thinking – “a setting powder that colour corrects? shouldnt that go underneath powder?” but surprisingly you cant see any of the colours once buffed into the skin.
- Bronzer: YSL Les Sahariennes Bronzing Stones Sun-Kissed Glow Creator ($63 CAD) is a gorgeous bronzer that gives the face subtle dimension and a beautiful bronze glow. Once I apply this to my face it breathes beautiful life back into my complexion and is usually all I use on an every day basis
- Blush: Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow ($57 CAD) in Flesh and Fantasy leaves my skin with a soft beautiful peachy pink glow that is very subtle. This is for the person who doesn’t enjoy wearing blush because it feels like its overwhelming on the face or makes the cheeks too muddy after the bronzer and contour. This blush is really light and sits softly on the skin giving you a hit of colour that lifts your cheek bones without being too intense.
- Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash ($31 CAD) does what most mascaras don’t: curls my lashes while lengthening and separating them. If I want extra drama, it layers really nicely under other mascaras – I never get bored of this
- Brows: Benefit Precisely, my Brow Pencil ($32 CAD) – this pencil is the perfect mix of being creamy and stiff to add shape, dimension and colour to my brows. REALLY important to get the right colour so I highly recommend going in store instead of relying on swatches since this pencil is extremely dark and pigmented. Mine has lasted me about over 6 months, using it practically everyday
- Eyes: Viseart Palettes ($100 CAD) The Viseart palette has the most bendable and pigmented shadows I have ever felt. For every makeup lover at one point in your makeup journey is really worth a try – you’ll surprise yourself with how creative you can get when the shadows take care of the blending for you
- Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette ($60 CAD) and Tartelette Amazonian Clay matte Eyeshadow Palette ($60 CAD) – these palettes contain complete looks, are extremely pigmented and blend beautifully. I love all of the colours in these palettes. Its not gimmiky at all – its just beautiful colours for an every day soft to a night out look.
3. Anastaisa Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette ($55 CAD) – While its finally back in stock after being sold out for months, this palette is my number one eye shadow recommendation – beautiful colours that take you out of your comfort zone but still offer safe shades for an every day natural look. Highly pigmented, blendable! LOVE.
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Colour Drenched Lipstick ($27 CAD) in Siesta – these lipsticks are different from most: pigmented, semi matte colour that delivers an even spread of colour over the lips. I can see why there is so much hype around this rage. With the extensive colour selection, you’ll find something you’ll love!