This post diverges from my norm so apologies to those who came here for a beauty swatch and thank you to those who will bare with me for the next 5 minutes 🙂
The wonderful New Life Fresh You has nominated me for The Most Active Blogs: Active Award and that caused me to hit the pause button amidst this crazy second life that I lead online and reminisce about the time I started, in January of this year.
I’ll start by saying why I didn’t start this blog. I didn’t start this to make any money nor did I start this to get free product. As hard as that may be to believe, I actually have been blessed to with a wonderful full time job that awards me many luxuries so believe me when I say I started this with different intentions. I started this blog because I love makeup and it is as simple as that. I love playing with my makeup, researching makeup, talking to others about makeup and learning more about this world. Interacting with other blogs and people gives me the purest joy because my love for make-up is just true. Despite the things we do in a day that we dont want to but have to and the faces we show the world when our minds are on a million different things, makeup has always been the one thing where I am my true self.
I didn’t expect anyone to read this and even when I see one person visit my blog, the overwhelming sense of joy continues to grow stronger every single day. So, you could imagine when New Life Fresh You had tagged me in this award, it was a true moment to reminisce and feel extremely grateful. She is the most active blogger I have come across with multiple new posts a day about beauty tips and tricks as well as DIYs. I highly recommend checking her blog out, you’re bound to learn something new!
The Most Active Blogs: Active Award is almost a chain award whereby recipients who are nominated re-post an article about five other bloggers who would deserve this award. It’s a great way to get your blog noticed and choosing only 5 was hard but below were the ones who come to my mind. I also want to create an opportunity for fellow bloggers who might not be nominated to get your name out there by leaving a comment in the comment section below with your blog – hopefully this starts a conversation and discovery for many. For those nominated, please do not feel obligated to continue the post, this is my thank you to you for doing what you do! 🙂
- Jodi – a brash attitude : is a great blog to read everything from the most hyped up products (like the ordinary) to new brands I haven’t ever heard before (like one called Joik). She curates the coolest products to review and you could definitely get lost in her blog 🙂
- Forty Flirty & Fabulous: has quickly substituted my binge YouTube habit because her favorites, reviews and thoughts are so well articulated! I love and trust her reviews and always walk away with a new point of view!
- Ashanna Arthur: has the most creative blog ideas! It’s a great place to go for inspiration and I always walk away feeling more creative than I did when I landed on her page. She truly is a beautiful soul, inside and out
- Simple Serenity: has lovely photos and great variety of products (skincare, makeup, favorites, personal tags etc). There is something really authentic about Simple Serenity that helps build trust with her reviews
- The Beauty Stage: When I read her articles it feels like she’s talking directly to me! She’s my happy imaginary friend lol and I love reading her blog. Also doesn’t hurt that usually when she’s posts its about the products I’m really curious to learn more about!
Truth is there are SO many more and I could go on forever so please help me out and link your blog below!